The Standing Stones
The Standing Stones is a combat zone. It is unlocked by completing The Puppy's Nightmare.
This circle of stones has always had an eerie feeling of eldritch magic to it. No one knows how an ancient civilization hewed the stones from the living rock, then transported them hundreds of miles, the compelled them to stand. Most archaeologists agree, though, that it’s an altar, or a calendar, or a sports field, or possibly a giant’s Zen garden.
Recently, a coven of witches has been meeting here, drawn by the ley-lines of magic that coalesce at the circle’s center. Or, possibly drawn there because it’s got a good spooky reputation but is close enough to the tavern to drop by for a pint after Samhain.
- Note: the Which Witch will not appear until you've checked in with the Scribe after freeing his daughter and also had at least 12 wins in this zone.
- Find the Scribe's Daughter and preliminarily complete The Half-Constructed Nightmare.
- Find the Scribe's Daughter again and finish The Half-Constructed Nightmare
- Find the Scribe's Daughter again to wake her up and return her home.
- Defeat the Which Witch to unlock Lord Nightmare's Castle
|Swiftiron Sword||You find a strange, eerily lightweight sword.||One time only. Requires 3 wins in this zone.|
|Wooden Cane||You see a cane abandoned in the grass. Unlike the Stones, whoever left it probably isn't standing.||One time only. Requires 3 wins in this zone.|
|Unfinished Wand||You see a partly-constructed wand on a shelf and help yourself.||Repeatable. Requires that you won your last fight and have the ability to do Crafting. 1 in 4 chance.|
|Dandelion Wine||You find a bottle hidden behind a stone.||Repeatable. Requires 1 win in this zone, and to have not run from the last fight. 1 in 4 chance.|
|Gold||[Gain 75-150] You find a coffer full of gold, no doubt a ransom the witches collected.||Repeatable. Requires 5 wins in this zone, and to have not run from the last fight. 1 in 5 chance.|
|Cut-scene: Wakey Wakey||After 5 wins|
|Cut-scene: Buttons (see Arial)||After 7 wins|
|Cut-scene: Buttons||After 9 wins and finding BUTTONS in The Half-Constructed Nightmare|